Man airlifted off Sunset Peak after plant sting
A man was airlifted off Sunset Peak yesterday after suffering an allergic reaction after being pricked by a plant.
The man and a friend were hiking from Pak Kung Au to Sunset Peak when he began to feel dizzy after being stung by an unidentified plant.
His friend raised the alarm after he passed out at around 3pm.
A Government Flying Service helicopter was despatched to the scene and carried the man to GFS headquarters.
The man regained consciousness and was taken to North Lantau Hospital by ambulance for treatment.